Effectively managing operational risks is a critical aspect of business strategy for any financial services organisation.The effective management of operational risks can ensure that your organisation continues to serve its stakeholders while enhancing and retaining their trust.
This 2-day interactive course will provide insights into the best current practice in operational risk management and actionable takeaways to implement within your own organisation.
- Learn how to identify and prevent occurrence of risks in the business context, assess risk appetite within your organisation, set up the most effective risk management framework and strategies for risk monitoring and reporting
- Learn about the latest key regulatory requirements affecting operational risk management including Conduct Risk, customer vulnerability, risk culture, Basel II/III, MiFID, fair pricing and the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SMCR)
- Understand the current best practices and standards in operational risk management
- Get unique insights how to effectively implement your risk framework and avoid common and costly mistakes
Who should attend:
This workshop has been developed for the following organisations:
- Banking, Insurance underwriters, Insurance brokers, Asset Management and other FCA/PRA regulated institutions.
This workshop has been developed for the following individuals:
- Senior Management
- Financial Officers
- Risk Officers and Analysts
- Internal Auditors
- Operational Risk & Compliance Consultants, Advisers and Managers
- Risk or Control Champions and owners
- Any other staff with roles and responsibilities that incorporate operational risk management in the 1st or 2nd lines of defence.
Benefits of attending:
- Learn about the most effective strategies for managing operational risk
- Understand specific risks in financial institutions and their impact on operational efficiency
- Explore operational risk in the context of regulatory change
- Assess the risk culture and appetite and understand how they are critical in supporting the formation of strategy and in supporting decision making.
- Place operational risk within broader enterprise risk management and corporate governance structures
- Gain the tools to implement operational risk management in practice
- Explore case studies and practical examples including current best practices and standards.