I’m working with a Challenger Bank based in London who are looking to identify a Data Protection Officer. The role will involve contributing to the delivery of the firms GDPR Programme in order to ensure compliance in line with the May 2018 implementation date.
- Monitor the Bank and ensure it is compliant with GDPR.
- Review and update the DPA Policy and Data Retention Policy annually or in line with any significant changes.
- Support the Legal team on drafting and negotiating data privacy provisions in commercial contracts.
- Be able to liaise between the Bank and third parties on data sharing agreements.
- Manage the content of the Data Privacy training.
- Monitor any breaches of the DPA and ensure the appropriate remedial action is taken.
- Work with IT to understand the impacts of risks identified.
- In-depth knowledge of GDPR.
- Knowledge of UK and European Data Privacy legal requirements.
- Strong influencing skills and able to build and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders.
- A minimum of five years direct, hands-on Data Protection experience.
- A background within a regulated Financial Services firm.
- Experience dealing with Data Protection and Privacy issues within a Financial Services firm.
Please forward an up to date CV to Sofia.MouraDaLuz@thefourthline.co.uk to be considered, I will be in touch with more details once received. Due to the volume of applications, please do not call ahead of submitting a CV.