A world leading, global law firm are looking to hire a 4+ PQE Data Privacy Lawyer to join their London offices to work in-house alongside their General Counsel.
The reason for the hire is to find someone who can support their stakeholders and Directors across their entire privacy function by bringing expert data protection knowledge.
In this role, you will be...
- Creating and rolling out privacy guidelines, procedures and policies and wider documentation which concerns the processing of personal data whilst working with the relevant stakeholders;
- Work across a myriad of the company’s internal functions ensuring the adherence and implementation of best data protection behaviours and activities;
- Manage the firm’s Article 30 records and inventory;
- Act as a go-to subject matter expert for all levels on Data Protection and GDPR;
- Help build and maintain the firm’s privacy by design processes for any of their processing activities, carry out DPIAs and respond to any DSARs.
The successful candidate will…
- Be 4+ years PQE as a solicitor, preferably making the transition from private practice to in-house previously;
- Have at least 3+ years data privacy experience, preferably within a global company;
- Have demonstrable experience of building something within a company (e.g. Building a privacy function or team);
- Have previous experience working and managing senior stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will also have…
- Good, detailed knowledge around wider global data protection laws, preferably US;
- The ability to problem solve efficiently and communicate practical business solutions whilst still considering data protection laws;
- In-house, legal experience.
Managing this role
Senior Consultant - Risk & Compliance
0203 800 1502